Croma Selects Kronos Workforce Management Solutions to Drive Workplace Efficiencies
BANGALORE, India, May 31, 2012 —Croma, a Tata Enterprise which is India’s largest specialist retail chain for consumer electronics and durables, has chosen workforce management solutions from Kronos Incorporated to manage its workforce.
- As India’s largest specialist retail chain for consumer electronics and durables, with more than 3,000 employees (full-time and contract) with 74 stores across 15 cities, centralisation and workforce visibility was a key reason for choosing Kronos to keep pace with the company’s rapid growth.
- Croma selected time and attendance and absence management solutions from Kronos, in addition to time clocks for use by all employees.
- Prior to Kronos, employee time, absence, and schedule management was largely manual and decentralised at a store level. Through an integrated, automated workforce management system, the stores will gain real-time visibility into critical workforce data, helping management make more effective workforce-related decisions. For example, with Kronos, Croma store managers can view real-time information on available and qualified staff members. This will help reduce dependency on overtime and associated costs.
- With Kronos, Croma store managers will more effectively schedule employees and gain real-time visibility into their workforce and make quicker staffing decisions to ensure a better customer experience.
- Also, the administrative staff previously spent significant time manually reconciling data end of month for payroll purposes. With Kronos, their time will be freed for more value-added functions.
- Kronos also integrates to Croma’s deployment of SAP HR and Payroll so that employees can be paid accurately at end of the month.
- James Thomas, country manager, Kronos India
"Croma stores in India going live on Kronos’ industry-leading workforce management platform is truly satisfying for us. As one of our marquee customers in India, it helps us extend our global leadership in retail workforce management solutions to the emerging retail sector in India. Thanks indeed to the Croma team in selecting and supporting us to deploy the solution in the quickest possible time across all stores. We look forward to a fulfilling relationship."
About Infiniti Retail Limited
Infiniti Retail Limited is a 100% subsidiary of Tata Sons. The company has launched ‘Croma’, a national chain of mega stores of consumer electronics and durables. The first Croma store was launched in Juhu, Mumbai in October 2006. Currently they are operating a total of 65 Croma + 9 Croma Zip store in India, i.e. 15 Croma mega stores and 4 Croma Zip stores in Mumbai, 6 Croma mega stores in Pune, 3 Croma stores and 1 zip store in Ahmedabad, 3 in Punjab, 2 in Chandigarh, 2 in Surat, 1 in Rajkot, 1 in Vadodara, 1 in Aurangabad, 12 in Bengaluru, 3 in Hyderabad, 13 Croma mega stores and 4 Croma Zip stores in Delhi NCR and 4 Croma mega stores in Chennai. With ‘Croma’, Infiniti Retail Ltd. has entered into a technical and sourcing agreement with Australian retail giant; Woolworths Ltd. Infiniti Retail Ltd. owns and runs the retail operations in India, while Woolworths provide technical support and strategic sourcing facilities from its global network. Croma-The electronics Megastore is now online. For details on the latest gadgets and an unmatched browsing experience log on to www.cromaretail.com.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.in.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.