Kronos® Launches Revolutionary New User Experience
Announces availability of next generation user interface
CHELMSFORD, Mass., July 12, 2010 — Kronos® Incorporated today introduced a revolutionary new user experience based on Rich Internet Applications (RIA) technology that harnesses the ease of use and intuitiveness of consumer-oriented technologies to help organizations better manage their workforce.
- Recognizing that today's top consumer-oriented technologies have forever changed the way people interact with technology, Kronos is fundamentally revolutionizing the way business application software is designed and used, defining an entirely new generation of workforce management products.
- The next generation Kronos user interface is one of many revolutionary enhancements that Kronos is delivering based on the idea that users should not have to choose between deep functionality and ease of use.
- Kronos' next generation user interface was designed around two breakthrough capabilities:
- Instant engagement – When it comes to personal technology, today's consumer has come to expect software that is inherently intuitive, matching the way they naturally think and interact. The Kronos solution extends these concepts to how people work. Managers and employees are just a few clicks away from all the information they need to do their jobs. From within the new navigator, managers can view critical business information such as employee scheduling coverage, employee work hours, time-off requests, and other key workforce performance information and indicators.
- Guided decisions – Kronos' next generation user interface has the intelligence to not only identify issues, but also to recommend solutions to common workforce challenges. By providing users with a set of options, it allows them to choose the most appropriate course of action to effectively manage their workforce. These "guided decisions" not only save frontline managers valuable time; they help them make the right decisions, so that an organization's workforce is optimally and efficiently managed to deliver world-class products and services.
- Kronos' new user interface can be deployed with Workforce Central® 6.1, and at this time is free of charge to Workforce Central customers currently on maintenance.
- The new user interface is available today. For more information call (800) 225-1561 or visit www.kronos.com.
- Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
"Kronos is defining an entirely new way of managing the workforce. The next generation of workforce management solutions delivers an intuitive, exciting experience that people will be drawn to use. We are investing more aggressively than ever before in product development as part of our mission to prove that workforce management doesn't have to be so hard."
- Peter George, chief technology officer, Kronos
"We've all experienced technology at home that is easy and fun to use. This begs the question: 'Why can't we harness these consumer experiences to better manage the workforce?' Kronos is proving that it can be done. Users will be wowed by this new workforce management tool."
- Troy Fee, senior vice president of human resources, Pep Boys
"Like a high-definition television, Kronos' next generation user interface delivers workforce management content in a new hi-def format that engages and guides managers to make the best possible decisions. Kronos is bringing consumer-inspired intelligence and ease to our otherwise highly complex process of managing a workforce of 18,000 employees in more than 580 stores."
- Jason Fenske, systems analyst, Forest City Enterprises
"Kronos' next generation user interface is intuitive and enables users to quickly and easily perform tasks and get the information they need."
- Josh Bersin, chief executive officer and president, Bersin & Associates
"Kronos' new user interface is truly noteworthy. Kronos has built a user-centric experience in which the application changes as a user's needs change. This technology will re-define the way companies manage their workforce."
- Mollie Lombardi, senior research analyst, human capital management, Aberdeen Group
"The new UI from Kronos brings schedule creation and workforce data analysis from a back-room, labor intensive, and often paper-based process into a format as easy to use as a Facebook page."
- Mark Smith, chief executive officer and executive vice president of research, Ventana Research
"Interacting with a workforce requires the ability to engage employees through a dynamic user experience. Kronos has gone well beyond the rest of the market in developing the latest in user experience and interactive capabilities. Its offerings are key to meeting the demanding needs of the workforce and to manage multiple generations of workers."
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 60 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. To learn how Kronos uniquely delivers complete automation and high-quality information in an easy-to-use solution, visit www.kronos.com.
© 2010 Kronos Incorporated. Kronos and Workforce Central are registered trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.