Kronos Incorporated successfully concluded its inaugural Kronothon programming challenge, with active participation from university students and professional coders from across India. The demanding five-week process concluded with the top 100 participants competing in a final two-day event at the Kronos Noida location. Ten winning programmers were rewarded at the end of the process with up to INR 1 Lakh in individual prize money and commemorative medals and trophies.
- Kronothon is a pan-India competitive programing challenge created by Kronos to attract and recruit college students from India’s top technical universities, as well as the market’s leading professional coders. It is the first programming challenge organized by Kronos in India and it plans to drive similar projects to focus on finding and fostering talent across the region.
- More than 6,500 students and coders from across the country registered for Kronothon, which launched in January. Entrants faced a series of online coding tests to whittle down the competition to the final 100 participants. The challenge was conceived not just to uncover the next generation of tech talent, but also to share learning on new technology.
- During the final two-day event, participants engaged in a gamification programing challenge to test their ability to execute and implement computer code in a structured environment, as well as their speed and creativity. Participants also attended knowledge sessions and technology talks hosted by Kronos experts about key industry topics including Big Data and Analytics.
- The Kronothon challenge set out to reiterate Kronos’ reputation as one of the best technology companies to work for in India and to reinforce its company culture and reputation as an Employer of Choice. Most recently, Great Place to Work® India placed Kronos, for the second consecutive year, in its 50 Best Information Technology Companies to work for list.
- Nishan Thankappan, director, talent acquisition, Asia Pacific, Kronos
“Kronos believes that you cannot create innovative products or deliver award-winning services without attracting and retaining fantastic employees. As technology becomes increasingly pervasive and has an increasing impact on our lives, it will become even more imperative for students to learn the art of coding. We created Kronothon to provide a vehicle to allow both student and seasoned programmers to unleash their creativity. It was inspiring to see the passion and skills of all the participants at Kronothon and we wish them all the best.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Take a look at the lighter side of the workforce in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
- Follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Learn about the Kronos WorkInspired culture and check out Kronos job openings.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.in. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2017 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.