Johnson Controls provides products and services to optimise buildings’ energy and operational efficiencies and offers facilities management services in more than 150 countries. The company’s Building Efficiency division contained siloed business units with unintegrated systems and processes. Field service time spent on work orders and projects wasn’t captured consistently by each business unit, and customers were confused by separate bills received from multiple units. Compliance with the labour policies of hundreds of unions also created challenges
What Johnson Controls needed was a solution that could:
- Capture employee time in all business units in a single, integrated solution to support accurate, single-source billing
- Provide real-time visibility into labour data on the production floor and in the field to improve workforce management and control labour costs
- Automatically track and enforce each location’s specific work rules and pay rules to help ensure consistent rules application and perfect paychecks
“Using data from our Kronos solution, we do reporting on the utilisation of employees throughout the week, giving visibility to our management team and branch leaders on how our resources are utilised and where work is being done.”
Senior Manager, IT
A Kronos® workforce management solution that automates timekeeping and work rules application for field service employees is giving Johnson Controls increased efficiencies, better control of labour costs, and improved compliance.
- Track and manage employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Gain insight into approaching overtime to better control labour costs
- Minimise compliance risk by enforcing and tracking complex compliance requirements
By combining all business units into one organisation and unifying systems and processes with its automated Kronos solution, Johnson Controls has realised operational efficiencies and centralised customer billing, improving customer satisfaction. Integrating its mobile time-tracking application with automated timekeeping helps accurately track field service employee time spent on work orders and projects, helping the project accounting team to better understand the labour costs of every work order and project. Incorporating each union’s work rules and pay rules into the Kronos solution helps ensure employees are paid correctly, mitigating compliance risk and increasing payroll staff productivity.