PVR Cinemas, India’s largest film entertainment company, struggled with its manual workforce management processes as it expanded. Managers used spreadsheets to schedule cinema staff, having no visibility into employee availability and utilization. HR staff gathered payroll information from cinema registers for the time-consuming, error-prone payroll process. Manually tracking employee attendance and absences provided no means of checking the information’s accuracy. Manual processes didn’t allow auditing of workforce data or real-time reporting for proactive workforce management.
What PVR Cinemas needed was a solution that could:
- Provide real-time visibility into each location’s scheduling needs so managers can align staffing
- Automate payroll processing to reduce processing time and eliminate manual errors
- Follow built-in leave policies and indicate which employees have attendance issues
- Deliver real-time workforce data to support informed decisions to improve operations
- Provide strong reporting functionality and scalability to support its growth
“The most powerful result of the Kronos Workforce Central suite is that the system has allowed us to tighten our policies and reduce excess costs due to its ability to properly track all time-related issues and produce real-time information.”
Chief Human Resource Officer
Using its automated Kronos® workforce management solution, PVR Cinemas has real-time visibility into employee data to optimize scheduling, better manage labor costs, streamline payroll processing, and make informed management decisions.
- Schedule thousands of employees across multiple locations and business functions
- Align the right employees with the right skills at the right time at the right location
- Track, manage, and control employee time and attendance to reduce payroll inflation and manual errors
- Minimize compliance risk by tracking complex compliance requirements
Workforce Absence Manager
- Identify workers with attendance issues to improve workforce productivity
- Gain visibility into trends and patterns with on-demand reporting to control absence costs
- Get complete automation and enforcement of absence-related policies
With visibility into scheduling information and real-time workforce data, PVR Cinema managers can see if a location is appropriately staffed, know employees’ availability, and shift staff accordingly. Employees use solution self-service tools to check their schedules, timecards, and accrual balances at timeclocks or PCs, increasing their engagement. The solution’s built-in leave policies and audit functionality show HR and management staff if policies are being followed and which employees have attendance issues. Automated workforce management — including payroll processing — has eliminated errors, streamlined processes, and delivered significant time, paper, and labor cost savings as PVR Cinemas focuses on continuing its growth.